United Way of Athens-Limestone County secures resources to include financial support, volunteers and in kind donations of goods and services. We accomplish this by providing high quality community services through collaborations and partnerships aligned with our vision.
- Trust and integrity through transparency
- Respect and dignity
- Innovative leadership
- Stewardship to our donors
- Responsive to community
In 2008, United Way initiated a 10-year program designed to achieve the following goals by 2018:
- Improve education, and cut the number of high school dropouts – 1.2 million students, every year – in half.
- Help people achieve financial stability, and get 1.9 million working families – half the number of lower-income families who are financially unstable – on the road to economic independence.
- Promote healthy lives, and increase by one-third the number of youth and adults who are healthy and avoid risky behaviors.
Our goals are ambitious, but with your help, and by utilizing our core strengths – a national network, committed partners, and public engagement capacity – we can achieve them.